Friday, March 02, 2007

My host family

Got me some video here. These are the two youngest children of the family I lived with for two and a half months. Madonna would trip all over herself to rip these things out of the hands of their unwilling parents. Adorable!

Please bear with my technical ineptitude. Yes, I know I mounted the sun-blocker incorrectly. And the sound doesn't appear to be aligned that well either. I'm in Africa. What the hell do you want from me?



I'm finding it difficult to believe that this was over six months ago.

On another note, I finally received a great package from Geoff, including the digital voice recorder my heart was o so set upon. Thank you Geoff. I am trying to figure out how to get down to all the refugees who are still being held at the port a mere kilometer from my apartment. We will see if the Crescent Rouge continues to stand in my way.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad it finally arrived -- about time! Hope all the contents made it relatively intact. Enjoy.
geoff.

Anonymous said...

Hello from New Zealand. Put this on the travel short list. Beautiful country and friendly people. I liked the pictures you posted. You look well. We are off to Cape Kidnappers to go birding for the afternoon. Then this evening we will have fish and chips in front of a bonfire on the beach. It is a wonderful taste of summer for us.